Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Just ordered another Coda. Why?  (Read 745 times)

Just ordered another Coda. Why?
« on: December 22, 2018, 01:20:09 am »
Nothing wrong with Coda #1. But it is always a good idea to have a plan B :)
So reasons why to buy another Coda.
1. Genius (Karl) should be recognized and rewarded.
2. I loved the MoC so much I kept them everywhere (coats/glove boxes/desk/etc.)
    a. at the price of the Coda I can't have as many but I plan on several over time to spread them out.
    b. Hey it could happen, I could fall and face plant Coda #1 and crush it.
3. Showing support for Karl LTD. Either Karl is privately super rich with money trees in the backyard (and can thus
    spend time developing instruments) or his wife is super rich or has a darned good job. I don't care! But either way
    I can show support of his entrepreneurial spirit. It is a hallmark (or was) of America.
4. I'm just entranced with Coda. I was with MoC. Since early in my college days I've surround/spotted/befriended the genius' around me.
    Think about it, those of you with Coda in hand. How many people can design a musical instrument ??????
5. I've mentioned in prior posts, I'll never dazzle anyone with my musical abilities. That does not matter. What matters is that
    CodaKarl have re-kindled my desire to learn this new language. Thanks Karl.

So go get another Coda!

p.s. why is the ivory mouthpiece model out of stock?
p.s.s. anyone with a wood MoC let me know. Need it for my collection.

shan

Re: Just ordered another Coda. Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 06:20:28 pm »
All good points -although I'd debate you on #2b.   ;)

JoelTucker

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 12:55:06 pm »
Agreed. my prototype was likely a later model and perfectly playable, but I had to get another just to support the inventor. The belt clip idea is a bonus! Ah, and I bought the limited-edition ivory mouthpiece model -- ha!  I bought more than 10 Mountain Ocarinas in various iterations. I think we're an obsessive bunch who will eagerly scoop up Codas as color variations appear.

Corian, wood, aluminum -- YES! But even sticking with plastic, color variations will do the trick. (Note, swirl patterns are especially marketable, imho.)

Anyway, yes, buy more Codas!

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:05:03 pm »
Coda #2 arrived. Gave it to the better-half as a birthday present. I got weak :)

Roderick

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:14:26 am »
Coda #2 arrived. Gave it to the better-half as a birthday present. I got weak :)

Haha  ;D 👍
English is not my native tongue, pardon any mistake. ;)

Windjammer

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 12:49:47 am »
I have two Codas now also. I hope they come out with some more colors soon.  ??? :)