Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 411 times)

Zero

Howdy
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:37:17 am »
I'm Lee, and I play a few instruments including piano and bass guitar, but mostly ocarina--because, whaddya know, it's the only one I have small enough to have it always sitting next to me while I'm working. I have a triple bass, bass C, contralto G, couple of tenor Cs, alto G (my favourite; the Aria G from STL) and soprano C ceramic transverse ocs. I also love the abbreviation 'oc'. I keep a few plastics in my car, joined by the poly C Mountain oc, which I'd very much like to supplement with a warmstone at some point... but I'm really looking forward to trying out the Coda and adding an instrument to my EDC collection.

Samuel

Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 05:31:08 pm »
Nice to meet another pianist/bassist. I got into recorders and ocarinas for reasons of practicality as well. Coming from piano and bass guitar it's really nice to have a portable instrument that never needs tuning!

Zero

Re: Howdy
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:08:45 am »
Heck yeah! Much as I'd love to be able to sit on a rock beside a creek and play my bass or a piano, probably not happening... I've always loved the durability of the MOs and now Coda as well. No need to baby them when I'm climbing or walking in rough terrain.