Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Harmonica  (Read 82 times)

Windjammer

Harmonica
« on: December 01, 2019, 12:45:12 am »
I was just wondering if there is anybody here that plays the harmonica besides me and harp player and if so. What kind of harmonicas do you have?  :)

Harp Player

Re: Harmonica
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 03:17:11 am »
I have mostly Lee Oskar, with a few Hoher in tenor keys, I also have Souls voice in the Key of F because of the less harsh overtones, and a couple of Herring harmonicas that are basically clones of the original Hohner Marine Band.  I carry 21 with me when I play, and I have a few others that I don't carry that are specialty tunings.

Windjammer

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 05:20:17 pm »
I have 4 Lee Oscar harmonicas, including A-melody maker and 30th anniversary C-major diatonic. A Herring Chromatic. 4 Hohners: Ace, Blues Band, Big River Harp and a special 20.
My favorite harmonicas is the major diatonic Lee Oscar and Hohner special 20. :)

Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 12:13:54 am »
My first harmonica was a Big River, it was good enough to learn on.  I bought another one years later in the key of G when my blow 7 went out and I didn't have a replacement reed plate on hand.  The Hohners I play some are all special 20's the have a nice tone to them but don't hold up to regular playing. 

I also have a tenor Hohner CX64 Chromatic in the key of C,  I seldom play it because it is close enough to the diatonic harmonica that I can play it, but different enough that I can't play it well. I still have a couple of  melody makers ( I think) but I don't care much for them.

Windjammer

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 12:56:59 am »
I wanted to love the Melody Maker. I love the idea of it but it had a bad side effect that I didn’t see coming. I remember reading about it thinking I need one of those. So I got one brought it home and started playing it for the next few days and starting to get the hang of it. Then I picked up my regular major diatonic and started playing it and I was missing notes and I’m thinking what in the world is going on. It was messing with my head some how. So I quit playing the Melody Maker after that.  :o ??? :(