Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Thank you Rodrick, and Karl  (Read 82 times)

Harp Player

Thank you Rodrick, and Karl
« on: September 08, 2019, 02:54:20 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks to Rodrick and Karl for the hard work they do filtering out the spammers on this site.  I wasn't aware that 100 or more tries to get into this board every day, until recently.    You are doing a fine job at keeping this site safe and spam free.

Windjammer

Re: Thank you Rodrick, and Karl
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 08:27:06 am »
I had no idea there was so many at this small website.  :o :(

Roderick

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:26:31 am »
I just wanted to say thanks to Roderick and Karl for the hard work they do filtering out the spammers on this site.  I wasn't aware that 100 or more tries to get into this board every day, until recently.    You are doing a fine job at keeping this site safe and spam free.

Hey, guys. Thank you too, Harp player, for helping the forum by getting rid of those annoying spammers. We want to have this community as "healthy" (free from spam) as possible.

And, just so you have an idea, the other day I had to go through 1000+ registrations and 98% of those were spam. I said that's it and tried to work some better solution. From now on, spammers have to go through "Recaptcha" which is quite effective preventing spammers (It used to be that we could get up to 200 spammers in one day, now we get 1 or 0).

;)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:59:59 pm by Roderick »
English is not my native tongue, pardon any mistake. ;)

Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:54:16 pm »
I just catch the occasional one that manages to slip through the cracks, you have been doing the heavy lifting. 

Harp Player

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 04:21:17 am »
I saw the 1000 members waiting for approval. I am sure it took a few hours for you to sort out that mess.  I am glad that the CAPTCHA thing is working for you.  They are a little bit annoying sometime, but they save the admins a lot of work.

Windjammer

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 12:01:22 pm »
Wow!  :o ??? >:( That is horrible Roderick. So sorry you have to deal with that stuff. I don’t know if the filter system had any thing to do with the problem I had becoming a member or not but I hope you have a good way to tell the false positives now. ???

CODAina

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 06:33:11 pm »
You "gotta catch 'em all"... Roderick....is like playing pokemon!!!!

Roderick

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 12:03:05 am »
You "gotta catch 'em all"... Roderick....is like playing pokemon!!!!

Haha. That's one way to put it. ;D ;D
English is not my native tongue, pardon any mistake. ;)

Harp Player

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 01:55:48 am »
If one manages to slip past Rodrick that means I get to swing the ban hammer. :D   I have done that 3 or 4 times in the 3 weeks or so I have been a mod.  Roderick is doing a great job at catching them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:29:51 pm by Harp Player »