Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Hello from Indiana  (Read 337 times)

Windjammer

Hello from Indiana
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:40:58 pm »
 I am so glad to finally get my coda.  I belonged to the old forum for years. I first heard about  Mountain ocarinas about 12 years ago I guess 2006 2007 thereabouts.  I was doing a search on ocarinas. My family has always been into music.  I sing, play the harmonica and recorder. I was looking for a small portable flute that I could carry around like a harmonica. So I came across this video of Karl talking about Mountain Ocarinas  and his dream for a new pro line of ocarina.  So I bought a C and G mountain  ocarina  and have been waiting for the pro line ever sense.
 I bought a triple ocarina a few years back while I was waiting for the pro line to come.
 I am so happy for Karl that he was able to finally bring the Coda to market.
I bought a Coda as soon as I found out that it was out a week or two ago  and I love it.

Harp Player

Re: Hello from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:45:54 am »
Welcome to the cool kids forum.

Windjammer

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 12:14:15 pm »
Hey Harp Player!!! ;D Thanks.
 Yeah I was feeling a little lonely at the other forum  :(

Windjammer

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 08:07:53 pm »
I just went back to the old forum to look at some of my old post and found this old introduction. When I looked at the date I think I turned  a few shades whiter. You see in just two days from this date. A most horrible and life changing event was about to unfold.
 :(

Topic: Introduction from windjammer  (Read 1560 times)
windjammer

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

Introduction from windjammer
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:09:56 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify
Hello everyone.
Im a little late on doing my intro because I tend to sit in the background and observe what everyone else is saying. I've been a member for I think somewhere around a year. What happened was I got my Mo ocarina
and I started playing it a little for a few days and was not very happy with my progress. So I put it in away
and life got busy and I forgot about it. A few weeks ago I pulled It back out and started playing it again.
Low and behold I am picking it up very fast now.
So about me. Im 46 years old ,married, have 2 kids and live in Rohnert Park ,CA. I love all kinds of music.
I play the recorder,harmonica, and now the ocarina.
I consider Mountain Ocarinas to be one of the most honorable companies I have ever dealt with.
I just ordered a C ocarina to go with my G ocarina I already have.
Its sort of funny even though I have never met any of you, I feel like I know some of you from following your posts and video's.
well I guess thats all for now, Duane or aka windjammer
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:59:49 pm by Windjammer »

Windjammer

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 10:47:19 am »
On April 12,2010 I was working for Comcast on a job in Sonoma California and fell 30 ft to the pavement below on my head. Thank God my hard hat stayed on my head. My back was like an accordion the doctor said, broken many times. My right shoulder was broke and I had 6 ribs broke. I had a gash on the back of my head and bleeding internally. The doctors said I was like Humpty Dumpty. They had to put me back together again. Apparently the Doctors were better than all the kings men and all the kings horses.  :) ::)
So now I have 2 (14.5  inch ) rods in my back and lots of brackets, pins and screws.
I had to go through about 28 weeks of therapy to learn to walk and function again.
Doctors said I was a walking miracle.
So music was part of that healing process.  :) ;)

Harp Player

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 03:35:25 pm »
Wow that is some injury(s)  I am glad that you pulled through and can get around.  Most people wouldn't have survived a fall like that.

Windjammer

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 09:51:17 pm »
Thanks Harp Player. It was a ruff battle that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy :(
Seeing that old introduction brought back a lot of old memories. I had no idea it was so close to the accident. One moment I was excited about playing my new C ocarina and the next moment almost dying. :(