Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: New pages? Seriously?  (Read 3129 times)

Karl Ahrens

New pages? Seriously?
« on: June 06, 2019, 02:45:25 pm »
Hi, things have been VERY busy lately. Nothing new. I probably start most of my posts complaining about how busy I am. (I'm not sure because I'm too busy to read my own posts!)  If you've never owned a small business, it might be hard to imagine the endless tasks and challenges that you face, especially when you create and manufacture your own products. (Many small businesses just resell other people's stuff!) The days are just not long enough.  On the bright side, I just hired a couple of new part-time employees, so things should get easier over time.

By the way, I know that some of you wish that I could re-introduce Mountain Ocarinas, etc.  Believe me that if I could snap my fingers and do that, I would have done so long ago! For now, my plate is a bit full, and I ask for your patience. One thing at a time. I can't make predictions. Really!

However, I did want to tell you about a couple new pages on our website that I'm excited about.

1st, after quite a prototyping phase, and then another phase of working out how we were going to produce them, we have the new Coda Silencers. The Silencers allow you to practice very quietly, practically whenever you want to: www.CodaEDC.com/Silencers .

Here's a little anecdote that demonstrates why I find the Coda Silencers so useful and so much fun. My wife, Susan, and I recently celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary in beautiful Northern Maine.  At one point, there was a crisis on the home front, so Susan had to speak on the phone for a quite a while. Meanwhile, I was in the same room, practicing some new songs on Coda with the Silencers installed. It didn't bother Susan in the least. In fact, I was even able to listen in on the conversation and offer my invaluable sage advice from time to time.  Try that without Coda Silencers!

But wait!  There's more. ;)  We also just posted the new Seriously? page:  www.CodaEDC.com/Seriously .   Around here, we like to laugh a lot, so I can't help but think up possible Coda "marketing" images from time to time, some of which are on the wacky side. Then I collaborate with my friend and colleague Roderick or a graphic artist to make them look more professional.  Frankly, most of the stuff doesn't really seem suited for a "dignified" website like ours, but some of it may produce a chuckle or two.  If you like something, let us know.  If not, please send all constructive criticism to www.404.error .  (Just kidding!)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:56:29 pm by Karl Ahrens »

Harp Player

Re: New pages? Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 02:15:16 am »
I saw your new pages the other day, I got a chuckle out of several of the images you posted.