Coda EDC Flute Forum

Author Topic: T-Shirts, Mugs?  (Read 1641 times)

Karl Ahrens

T-Shirts, Mugs?
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:26:16 pm »
Medicineman, Codaina/Crowcopelli, and others have suggested that they would like T-Shirts and Mugs.  Here are some ideas.

Let us know what you think. We could do this if there was interest. Thoughts? Suggestions?

They could actually be good conversation starters, and you might find others around you who also enjoy making music. (Sorry if you've seen these same pictures elsewhere on the forum. I posted these first on one of MedicineMan's posts but then thought that this news section might be a better spot.)

We're also working with Harley Davidson to produce a special Coda edition of the 2019 Sportster, but pictures aren't available yet. ;)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:42:41 pm by Karl Ahrens »

CODAina

Re: T-Shirts, Mugs?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:38:55 pm »
Hi All!     Mr Karl....if you are posting again that means you are recovering well from your back so youll be sprinting uphill and playing coda going downhill  ;D Good for you!

OK, If I could place my order now Ill go for tshirt #3....just because as a hiker that logo looks awesome!   So kudos to the graphic designer....dare I say Roderick and co.   Great job you guys! I will wear that with pride on each and every hike! It is a very attractive design and Im sure people would inquire about it.  My second option is tshirt #2....quite frankly I would purchase them both!   As for a mug......not sure....I would prefer instead merchandise like those magnetic type decals to put on my car.  This type of decals do not damage the car paint, are long lasting and easy to move around if you change your mind about placement.  So for the magnetic type decal #3 & #1 color black/white.  How about useful merchandise withbthe coda logo ie. cell phone rings or seamless multifunctional headwear similar to the buff brand ....these things are so useful; you can use them as neck warmers, bandanas, even as handkerchiefs.....but with the coda #3 logo and orange background or a blue one? Ill buy Ill buy it!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:10:44 pm by CODAina »

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:53:55 am »
Sign me up in XL.

If you do the top picture with small Coda logo/symbol on chest put a big one on the back.

And if you can maybe also offer the Coda logo/symbol in black/yellow like on the site.

Jesse

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:34:34 am »
I would also love a t-shirt. you can count me in for (1) in the XL size if you are taking count for sizes. I like Picture # 3 as well. I don't think I would get a mug, but I am notorious for dropping things :o

Harp Player

Re: T Shirts Mugs
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »
so I am going to start the prosses of makeing our club tee shirts.so post up if you have any idears on our logo.make them jpeg files though.

Goodbye spammer
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:51:41 pm by Roderick »

Roderick

Re: T Shirts Mugs
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 02:51:00 pm »
English is not my native tongue, pardon any mistake. ;)

Harp Player

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 03:39:06 am »
Roderick,

Thanks for taking his link out of my post.  I didn't think about it being preserved when I quoted him.

Karl Ahrens

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 02:55:40 pm »
Well, we ran into a little problem with amazon merch t-shirts that set us back some weeks. 

After initially accepting our t-shirt designs, they began to reject them out of fear that we were borrowing someone's copyrighted designs. They were protecting us from ourselves :), which is good but was also frustrating. As a result, I had to appeal and demonstrate that my designs were, if fact, "my" original designs.

(I say "my" because here is how I handle graphic arts projects. With the acception of our logo, which I designed personally in a CAD program, I start by first drawing the idea myself. Next, I work closely, via skype screen-sharing, with a skilled graphic artist, like our friend Adolfo, to get a more professional result.  Ideas almost always improve when you collaborate, and the process is tremendously stimulating! Along the way, I'll seek valuable input from my wife Susan, my friend and virtual coworker Roderick, Cliff, and anyone else who might be handy.  No doubt, I'll be asking you all on the forum for your input more and more. And many thanks for the T-shirt feedback you've provided in this thread!!!)

Anyway, Amazon is now convinced that we are who we say we are, so our t-shirts will soon be available.  They only let you upload one new design a day, but we'll soon post a link to the t-shirts when a few more are available.

Jesse, T-shirts will be available in about every imaginable size--for humans, at least.

(To be proactive, we are still researching options for customers from outside our solar system. Amazon Intergalactic is a possibility, but I don't think they offer Prime Shipping to other galaxies. This should come as no surprise to anyone since their clearly stated mission is only to be "earth's most customer-centric company." I guess everybody else can go jump in a lake.;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:59:31 pm by Karl Ahrens »

CODAina

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 07:55:52 pm »
How about selling them via  "etsy"or "cafe press"? 

Karl Ahrens

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 02:35:43 pm »

Hi, CODAina, up until last night, I was ready to go with your suggestion.   However, we finally got the issue resolved with Amazon Merch. 

Although only 2 designs are live now, in a few days there will be five designs in all. The five designs are various combinations of the Coda Logo and the Coda Compass Rose on either the breast or back or both. 

Each of the five designs comes in five colors and in five sizes. Correction: I got a little carried away typing the number five. The t-shirts actually come in about any size you can imagine, unless you play center or power forward in the NBA.

To find the t-shirts available so far, search amazon.com for Coda EDC T-Shirt.

CODAina

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 03:58:07 pm »
hi!   Excellent news...OK need to know if ladies tshirts run small....I would rather purchase a men size if that's the case...txs in advance....I dislike tight fitting clothes!

CODAina

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 04:07:20 pm »
.....never mind...size charts answered my question!

d102

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 04:19:07 am »

To find the t-shirts available so far, search amazon.com for Coda EDC T-Shirt.

Just tried it on Amazon.com and the Europe Amazon site, nothing there yet but will try again in a few days.

Karl Ahrens

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 10:15:31 am »
Hi, D102, first of all, thank you for wanting a Coda t-shirt!

Here's why they aren't available in the UK.  Amazon has two quality designations for their t-shirts: Standard and Premium. Unfortunately, the Premium Quality t-shirts only seem to be available for the USA market. Elsewhere in the world (Amazon.co.uk and amazon.de), the only option for our t-shirts is Standard Quality. Since I always like for people to get a high quality product, I've chosen to only sell Premium Quality instead of Standard. It isn't about money. We'd earn a bit more if we offered the Standard Quality t-shirts. It's about people being happy with their purchase and feeling proud of their good-looking t-shirt.

Am I doing the right thing? I'm not sure, but it's what I'm comfortable with. From what I've read, the standard amazon t-shirts are good. However, the premium t-shirts supposedly are made of a little better fabric and also have seams on both sides of the t-shirt instead of on one side, which tends to make them fit a little better. 

Maybe Amazon's t-shirt offerings will change in the future. When they do, we'll be able to offer t-shirts in the UK. I've just put it on my calendar to check again in 3 months.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:38:05 pm by Karl Ahrens »

d102

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 06:59:39 pm »
Thanks for the explanation, I will have to see if any of my friends are going to the U.S anytime soon and drop some hints as to appropriate souvenirs to bring back.   :)