Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: howdy (again)?  (Read 326 times)

bnolsen

howdy (again)?
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:44:36 pm »
After more than a year away from facebook I bought some flash deal type thingy on facebook marketplace, looked at the TON channel and saw mention of some coda thing which led me here.  Just got mine last night right before leaving for a small party.  Haven't had much time to play it yet but it looks interesting and the tuning should be attainable.  Chromatics will require a bit of work as they seem quite different from the traditional MO's.  I felt I should support Karl as he's been working hard on these for a long time and they seem to be quite a viable instrument. 

Seems like the lower chamber can be under blown to get a B similar to the MO-C.  I was worried that yeonriji wouldn't work but it seems to.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:49:26 pm by bnolsen »

Harp Player

Re: howdy (again)?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:36:12 am »
The MO was Chromatic as well.

Zero

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:59:49 pm »
He means the fingerings for each chromatic, I think. I noticed that as well, but I figured out the MO's chromatic fingerings by trial and error rather than looking at a fingering chart, so it may be that I just discovered a different one and the Coda is more picky about the exact fingering.

Windjammer

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 12:59:17 am »
Yeonriji works great on Coda. It is one of my favorite songs to play on Coda. You can go all the way down to low G with practice.  :) 8)