Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Cheers! I'm Robert  (Read 364 times)

Cheers! I'm Robert
« on: December 19, 2018, 04:42:47 am »
Hard to think how many miles I've carried an MO in a backpack, on my bicycle cycle camping, or in a kayak.
I think at one point I had 6 MOs but sadly lost my precious wooden model (if anyone has one and would consider selling
please let me know).
I come from trumpet/baritone background/made all-state on BB bass (I think most would call it a tuba), even own a rotary four valve 'tuba', some
time tinkering with bassoon and horn back in the day.
None of them ever offered the freedom of the MO.
Better yet the MO's fingering pattern was incredibly similar to highland pipes.

That said the MOs one octave limit always left me wanting for more.
Then the hints from Karl that the Pro Range was in the works.

I'm at the point now (aging quickly) where I'll never dazzle anyone with any instrument but studies show that playing games and learning new languages (Coda speak) can help slow down the dementing processes! So I'm super excited to see Coda as a reality.

ubizmo

Re: Cheers! I'm Robert
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 07:42:38 am »
studies show that playing games and learning new languages (Coda speak) can help slow down the dementing processes! So I'm super excited to see Coda as a reality.

Do vi ankaĆ­ povus eklerni Esperanton! (So you could also take up learning Esperanto)

Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 01:35:20 pm »
I read a study a few years ago that said playing an instrument helps to keep the mind  young and staves off dementia. I know that my late grandmother was a church pianist for over 60 years and her mind stayed sharp until she started having strokes at the age of 101.  So I believe that their is some truth to that.  Keep on playing and learning it is good for you.

CODAina

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:10:27 pm »
With coda edc....nsl nsp..never stop learning never stop playing!